Girardin Blue Bird Bus - Engineering Manager
Give your career a boost! Quebec's leading passenger transportation company is looking for an electrical engineer to lead projects in bus fleet electrification.
Girardin BlueBird is looking to hire an engineering manager for its electrical division.
Reporting to the Director of Electrification within the EV infrastructure department, the Engineering Manager is responsible for the planning and management of the department's various activities and projects. This individual ensures that the company's various initiatives are compliant with policies and objectives previously outlined. This person will ensure that all projects are consistent with the technical demands requested by our clients.
A team player, our Engineering Manager will be required to demonstrate leadership skills that will mobilize their team members into taking action. Moreover, our ideal candidate must possess the technical knowledge to establish stringent manufacturing standards. This is someone capable of juggling priorities, managing time, and leading projects efficiently while avoiding budget overruns. Finally, the Engineering Manager must be passionate about contributing to Girardin Blue Bird’s electrification movement and share in the company's goal of the sustainable transformation of passenger transportation.
ABOUT GIRARDIN BLUE BIRD
Girardin Blue Bird has been a school bus provider for over 60 years. Based in Drummondville, the company leads the way in commercial bus and minibus distribution as well as vehicles for the transportation of persons living with reduced mobility. With a team of approximately a hundred dedicated employees, Girardin Blue Bird is pioneering the electric revolution in bus fleets. We know green transport and electric vehicles inside out.
- Create mechanical and electrical drawings for customer sites.
- Integrate components from various suppliers.
- Understand industrial communication protocols as well as the electrical terminal communication protocol.
- Create building packages for installers and general contractors.
- Design, maintain, implement or upgrade electrical instruments, installations, components, equipment products or systems for industrial, commercial or domestic purposes.
- Perform a wide range of engineering tasks using computer-aided design or engineering software and equipment.
- Ensure all specifications and codes comply with customer requirements by directing or coordinating installation, fabrication, construction, maintenance, documentation, support, or testing activities.
- Document any existing and potential electrical engineering projects and studies.
- Prepare production specifications for the purchase of electrical equipment and materials.
- Support all team members in their needs.
- Delegate tasks to team employees.
- Collaborate with other departments to achieve the company's overall strategic objectives and direction.
- Closely follow customer demands to ensure their vision is respected throughout the entire design and production process.
- Participate in the company's overall management by taking part in various committees.
- Ensure the quality assurance program is respected by the working group.
- Implement and maintain performance and quality measurement systems.
- Determine the cost of feasibility.
- Lead research and development efforts.
- Develop design ideas based on client interests, budgets, and market research.
- Design and draft products using sketches and software.
- Carry out theoretical testing of design models.
- Create complete product designs and specifications following modelling techniques using software.
- Perform material selection and process design for product manufacturing products.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance and Production departments to ensure that all products comply with market specifications and safety regulations.
- Carry out all related tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an engineering managerial role
- Strong command of software (Microsoft Office Suite, CAD, DAO)
- Must be a member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (the Quebec Order of Engineers)
- A solid understanding of the electrical code
- Oral and written fluency in French and English
- Must possess organizational skills and have strong attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to conceptualize theoretical models and design ideas
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communication skills and a team player